Tuesday, April 30, 2013

It's Just So Tempting!

Last month, The Daily Mail featured an article on the growing statistic of women who admit to binning their partner's old clothes without telling him.  Apparently, 1 in 7 women have done this. I’ve not quite done this, yet…BUT  I totally get it! I understand and can sympathise with these 14% of women. 

I sort through my wardrobe and chest of drawers at least twice a year. My husband? I’ve only ever witnessed him do this after prompting and then moaning from me. I would do it myself, but I think it’s important that he has a say in what he keeps and what gets tossed. If it were up to him, though, he’d never, ever, EVER get rid of a piece of clothing, not ever. Not unless it was permanently damaged or completely un-wearable. 

While I was going through my wardrobe last week, I made a concerted effort to keep clear of M’s clothes. This isn’t very difficult, as his part of the wardrobe has been reduced to a one foot section with a separate door (my bad – and a different topic for a later time). But then, I went to sort through one of the under bed storage containers and found this sexy, bad boy:


Mhmm, that is faded black corduroy and blue jean combined in one jacket. Yaaaay! 
 
M has had this jacket since we first started dating. Unlike a lot of his other pieces, this one, I believe, was selected and purchased by himself (he has many other items that have been picked out or gifted from girlfriends’ past). I’ve attempted on previous occasions to convince him that it was time to let this particular item go, but M resisted very strongly.
 
And so we meet again.
 
I placed it on the give-away pile and have plans to discuss it with M over the weekend. But…maybe he won’t notice if it just goes missing?
 
What do you think? Are 1 in 7 women wrong? Or so, so, so right (and super clever)?

 
-Bry xx

No comments:

Post a Comment