Monday, April 29, 2013

New! Two Dresses and Two Skirts




I’m trying to be much more adventurous with my style. As the weather gets warmer and the days longer, I tend to gravitate towards brighter colours, lighter textures, and feminine silhouettes. It’s out with the stuffy knits of winter and in with light, breathable cotton pieces that go so well with sun kissed freckled faces and limbs.   

I’m looking forward to styling these four pieces in the coming weeks and, of course, showing you the results. Three out of the four pieces below are predominantly blue, which is actually a rare colour for me to choose. I usually stay away from colder colours, tending to choose warm greens and reds, but there was something about each of these pieces that I loved.  

Dress, Top Left (River Island):  This dress hugs my curves perfectly. The wide straps help balance out my shoulders so I don’t look too pear shaped. The bottom black panel, makes this dress very flirty. I’ve not worked up the courage to wear it to work yet.  
Skirt, Bottom Left (River Island): This skirt reminds me so much of Betty Draper in Mad Men (Series 1). The waist is high and very fitted and the skirt is full and hits just below my knees. I think I will pair it with a simple, white blouse, and if I’m feeling daring, red Dorothy heels.  
Dress, Top Right (Red Herring): I’m not entirely convinced that I love this dress. It fits a little big, but I think it will look great after cinching in the waist with a thick, brown leather belt.  
Skirt, Bottom Right (River Island): After hanging in my closet for almost a year, I finally wore this skirt to work. I paired it with a navy and white striped t-shirt and a skinny, brown leather belt.  I got some compliments on the pattern contrast. This skirt can easily be styled into a very formal look, but when paired with leather sandals, a white t-shirt, and a jean jacket you can create a perfect “dressy casual” look.  
Do you have any items that you can’t wait to style this spring?


- Bry xx

No comments:

Post a Comment